Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sometimes getting that perfect image is simply dependent upon the luck of timing. Being there at the right moment, prepared to capture it. I was up early to see my son off to the school bus and knew that while it had been cold enough to freeze the evening before, I was not expecting to find what I did that morning! In the quiet of early morning, we were presented with a crystal wonderland... these little ice whiskers had grown on the branches, the basketball hoop, EVERYWHERE - and they were glorious.

Later on, after a little research, I learned that this type of frost is called Hoar Frost and when it occurs, it presents the most magnificent scenarios... I was just lucky enough to happen upon it at the right moment, ready to capture it with my camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite photography "tricks" I discovered by accident (actually by sloppiness). I leave my camera right out in the open where I can grab it. Properly stowing a camera away is an invitation to neglect. Meghan, you must have your camera surgically attached?

... said...

It's usually not too far away from me at any time... :)